Hi guys! Sharing some of my beauty favorites on the blog today :) For the longest time I wasn’t really into makeup and didn’t branch out and try a ton of new products but for the past couple months i’ve been really into finding new things to try! I wanted to do a post on some of my new favorites and let you guys know what I think about them! Also comment below any of your summer favorites or any blog post ideas!
1. Tarte Brazilliance Plus Self Tanner – This stuff is AMAZING! I have really fair skin so I am always trying to figure out a good self tanner and I really really like this stuff. It’s a gel and it comes with a mit that is sooooo soft!! I have used the St. Tropez bronzing mousse before and it’s WAY too dark for me so I like this a lot more. I always have streaks and lines all over from self tanning because I am just really bad at it apparently haha but I feel like with this I am improving! I visited the Tarte offices a couple weeks ago and they gave me this to try and they also gave me this spray tanner which I haven’t tried yet but all the girls were saying it’s amazing. Also they have these awesome face tanning wipes which is SO COOL because i don’t like to put regular self tanner on my face so these are perfect!!! Definitely some of my summer favorites.
2. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation – My new favorite foundation! I also got this at the Tarte offices as I was finishing up my It Cosmetics CC Cream (which I also like) but I was ready to try something new and I love it so much! It’s hydrating and gives a nice glow and good coverage. My skin is kind of oily but also can look really dry especially with powder so I like that this gives a really fresh look!
3. Bare Minerals Sheer Sun Serum Bronzer – I like to mix this liquid bronzer with my foundation since it’s a little too light for me when I self tan. It’s sheer so it’s perfect to mix right in!
4. Bottom Lash Mascara – Why am I just discovering this?!? I have eyelash extensions so I only wear mascara on my bottom eyelashes and normally I just use my Covergirl Lashblast but since the brush is so big and my bottom eyelashes are kind of long I always end up with mascara all over my under eye area and I look like I have black eyes… I like lower lash mascaras because the brush is so small so what I have been doing lately is only coating the top half of my lower lashes with mascara so it still defines them but there isn’t any actual mascara on the ends of my lashes so no mascara gets under my eyes!
5. Nars Albatross Highlighter – I love this shade! It’s very brightening and has a cool look but also some golden shimmer… this has been my go-to for a few weeks now!
6. Tarte Lip Paint – Normally I don’t really wear lip colors but lately I have been loving this Namaste shade! This is a made lip paint, but I also like the Goals shade in the glossy lip paint version!
7. Benefit Brow Gel – This is the only brow gel I have ever tried that actually holds my eyebrows in place. I have crazy brows so this is an essential for me!
8. Pixi Glow Mist – I love using this to set my makeup! It gives a dewy, glow-y look that’s perfect for summer.
9. Pixi Eye Brightener – I use this to brighten my under eye area and I love it! I feel like under my eyes is always really dark so I use this to help solve that problem!
10. Tarte Amazonian 12 Hour Blush – Another great Tarte product! I have a few different shades of this blush and they are all great! Tarte is becoming one of my new favorite makeup brands!