2017 is over!! I wanted to do a recap of the year on the blog. I did posts recapping 2016 and 2015 and they are sooo fun to go back and read! This year was another crazy busy one. We traveled a ton and had so many amazing experiences. We already have quite a few trips planned for 2018 and I am SO excited for them all! We recently decided that we wanted to move up to Salt Lake and build a new house. We are in the really early stages of this and haven’t 100% made a decision but I am so excited to see where we are a year from now!
TOP MEMORIES //
- Visiting the Maldives for the first time in January! This is one of the most AMAZING places in the world. We actually went back for the second time in June! My heart wants to go back to bad! It’s so special and peaceful. We got to stay at the St. Regis for their grand opening and it was so so gorgeous! We also hopped over to another resort. It was fun to experience how different the islands were! Watch our vlog of this trip here!
2. We also visited the Philippines in February! We went here with Mango Tours and they planned the best trip for us. We had a lot going on during this time and almost had to cancel so we weren’t too overwhelmed but I am SO glad we made it here! I think we were there for 10 days and we did 4 or 5 different islands. It was such a crazy time! We didn’t know anyone who was on the trip but we made new friends and had the best time ever. I would love to go to back to the Philippines! We have never had so many followers commenting on our pictures asking for a meetup!! Watch our vlog of this trip here!
3. I went back to Greece in March! My friend Lauren and I went here together and we stayed in the same cave house that Parker and I stayed in when we went in 2015. Lauren had been wanting to go to Greece for so long and I finally convinced her to just buy a ticket and we went over spring break! We actually went with Parker and some of our other friends, but they all went to Germany and then we met up in London, took a train to Paris for the day, and then had another day to explore London! Lauren and I also went to Mykonos. We were in Greece before it was the tourist season so a ton of things were closed and the streets were usually empty. We found one restaurant that was open and it had the prettiest view of the water and the houses on a hill. We sat and ate dinner while we enjoyed the view and I swear it was one of the happiest moments of my year! Watch our vlog of this trip here!
4. In April we went to Necker Island with Benefit! Necker is a private island so it was a new experience! We were the only ones on the entire island! I love love love trips with our Benefit fam! This trip was one to remember for sure! Watch our vlog of this trip here!
5. Going to Barcelona in May! I had an event to attend in London and I thought it would be fun to bring my mom and my sister with me, I had asked my mom where else she wanted to go while we were in Europe and she said Barcelona! I knew we would have a good time but I wasn’t super excited about visiting Barcelona specifically just because I had other places that were higher on my list but Barcelona was actually one of my favorite places I visited this year! It was so beautiful and we just had the best time. I left my computer at home on accident so I wasn’t really able to get any work done (it was a nice break), we just spent our days walking around and finding cute places to eat and shop. Also if you know me you know my life dream is to learn to speak Spanish… so I thought it was pretty fun to be in a Spanish speaking country and get to practice my espanol a little. ? Watch our vlog of this trip here!
6. We went to Singapore in June! I had been saying I wanted to go here and then a couple days later I got an email from the St. Regis inviting us to there for an event! It was perfect timing! Singapore was totally not what I expected, but I really didn’t know what to expect at all. It is such a clean beautiful place! We stayed here for a few days and then headed back over to the Maldives. Singapore is on my list of places I want to visit again because of the ramen they had there… it was the best I have ever had in my entire life!!! Everything else there was pretty cool too. ? Watch our vlog of this trip here!
7. In July, we spent a week in Newport Beach! This is always my favorite trip of the year. My family rents a beach house and we spend 7 full days relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. We go all around the world and this is always the trip that I cherish the most! We already have the beach house booked again for next summer and I can’t wait!
8. In August we went to Banff with Albion Fit! This was our first time in Canada. I have been a fan of Albion for years and it was so much fun to get to meet the people behind the brand. Watch our vlog of this trip here!
9. We took a last minute trip to Bali in September! We met our friends Jaci and Leif there and spent a few days in the coolest villa. Bali has been on my list for a while and I am so happy we got to go this year! I would go back to Bali just for the food alone. They had the BEST vegan food! Watch my Bali travel diary here!
10. We went to NYC for fall break in October! I have actually been to NYC like 5 times this year for work but this was the first time that we went just for fun! I love New York more every time I visit! Parker and I briefly considered moving there this year for a second because we love it so much! Watch our vlog of this trip here!
11. We went to Portland in October to shoot our videography workshop! Portland was so fun and we had the best weather. We were with our friends Jaci and Leif again! We also had great ramen here. ? I would love to go back to Portland again!! Watch our Portland travel diary here!
12. We had another year of success at Luca + Grae! We brought on new employees this year and learned so much about business. I am so excited to see where Luca + Grae is a year from now! We have worked so hard to get to where we are today and it’s amazing to see our hard work pay off.
PLACES WE WENT:
- Maldives with St. Regis
- Florida with Ritz Carlton
- Philippines with Mango Tours
- Greece with my friend Lauren
- Paris with our group of friends
- Necker Island with Benefit
- San Diego for Alex Aiono’s concert
- London with Pixi
- Barcelona with family
- Singapore with St. Regis
- Maldives for the second time
- New York with St. Ives
- Newport Beach with family
- Peru for our first service trip
- The Hamptons with Maybelline
- Canada with Albion Fit
- Museum of Ice Cream with Lauren
- Bali with Jaci and Leif
- Portland with Jaci and Leif
- New York with Olay
What a year it has been! I am so excited for another year of adventures in 2018! Thank you all so so SO much for following along on my journey of life! It’s so fun and special to share it with all of you. Happy New Year everyone!