*this post is sponsored by Olay!*
Hi guys! I am super excited for today’s post!! I asked my mom to share her top 5 pieces of advice for me. My biggest dream is to be just like my mom, she is the very best and most inspiring person I know. We have always been so close and have just gotten closer as I get older.
One thing she has always taught me is to take care of myself. One important aspect of that is taking care of my skin! I have been using the Olay Regenerist Whip SPF 25 lately and i’m loving it! It goes on super smooth so it’s a great base for makeup, and I love that it has SPF in it too because I want to protect my skin from sun damage! I like to be covered up when I am in the sun but still wear SPF anyways just to be extra safe haha! I always have a towel covering my entire body at the beach but my face is usually still exposed so using a product with SPF is super important! I will link the moisturizer here so you guys can try it!
“Advice to my beautiful daughter ~
1. Lead your life with love and kindness. You will never have regrets if you do these two simple things.
2. Honor your spirit each day by taking a moment to reflect on what is truly important in your life. Keeping things in perspective of what really matters most, even only a few minutes a day of a short meditation or writing in a journal can help keep you balanced, centered and grateful.
3. Always look within to fill your own soul and joy. Do not depend on others or external circumstances to bring happiness to you. This one is probably the biggest and most important. So many times we look outward to fill ourselves to be happy. You can be happy in any circumstance, environment, or situation if you choose to see and feel the positivity of things. No one person or experience should be depended on to make oneself happy.
4. Make sure to laugh and smile every single day. Life goes by too quickly. There were times that I remember thinking through parts of my life that “I haven’t laughed in a long time”. It made a big impact on me of how important it was that we need to do this daily in our lives and the difference it made me feel. I truly laugh and smile each day now and have fun in my life making sure to surround myself with people that encourage that in and around me.
5. Be your authentic self and never allow anyone to change you! Sometimes we adapt to do the expectations of others and can look back in life and realize that we aren’t living true to ourselves. Once we are too far down this path, it can be difficult to make changes and get to a space where we feel whole as a person and completely in our own skin again. If we are conscious of who we are and who we want to continue to be, there is always a way to be kind and adaptable to things but also making sure overall we are being authentic to who we are individually.”