Hi guys! I turned 22 this week (on the 15th) and I decided I wanted to do a post about things and life lessons I have learned at 22 years old. I finally feel kind of “old” now that I am 22! Old meaning I am turning into a real adult… I wish I could just be 19 forever but there is no going back haha! I am going to be 23 next year?! THAT IS OLD!!! And then 24?! That is a real grown up age!! I think I will experience a lot of changes in my 22nd year of life so I want to document some of the things I feel like I have learned at this age and compare them to next year!
- I don’t think I have learned this honestly I think it’s just something I have always known/always been… but I am NOT a people pleaser and I love it!! I think it’s important to be selfish sometimes. You can only help others if you are helping yourself first and I think I do a pretty good job of that. I constantly have people trying to take advantage of me or pressure me into things I don’t want to be doing and I just really don’t ever give those people the time of day. My cousin texted me the other day asking for advice because she felt like so many people were pulling her in a million directions and I literally didn’t even know what to tell her because I just never worry about things like that! I take care of myself, my family, and my closest friends and that is all I need!
- I also have very thick skin! I think this is definitely something I have learned over the seven years I have been on YouTube. I have always done my own thing and not really cared what anyone thinks but this is soooo important when you have followers online. One of my favorite quotes is from the song “7 Years”, it says “Only those I really love will ever really know me” and that is SO TRUE. No one knows you or the intentions of your heart besides yourself and people closest to you!
- Quality over quantity when it comes to friends. You guys I have ONE friend!! Literally one friend who is my best friend! She is moving away next month and I want to cry for 89 years because she is amazing! I can always depend on her and I know she would do anything for me! I do not need or want a million crappy friends around me!
- Ramen is life. I just had to say it.
- I also can not cook. Just another thing I had to say.
- You’ll never regret things you did (well some things maybe), but you will regret the things you didn’t do! There have been so many times when I was traveling or on some adventure and I was scared but didn’t want to regret not taking advantage of the opportunity that was right in front of me! I have swam with sharks, hiked Machu Picchu, and done so many other fun things because I pushed myself and knew I didn’t want to miss out. When we went to Peru, there was a bungee jump free falling thing that our group went to and I chickened out on doing it and I regret it so much!!!
- I think I am always right, and I usually am. ?Just ask my husband.
- It’s okay to say no to things!
- How I Met Your Mother is the best show in the world. Not very important but just another one of those things I needed to say.
- It’s also okay to not text people back. This is a dumb one and something I used to think was so rude but with so many random people always asking me for things, I have made my peace with not replying! I don’t owe anyone anything.
- Traveling is SO IMPORTANT. Save your money and make it a goal to visit another country!
- I can never pick the right throw pillow. I asked my husband for a life lesson and this is what he said I needed to write haha! It’s true… I was on Anthropologie an hour ago… looking at throw pillows…
- Nice cars are not important! I have always known in this and I take pride in driving my Jetta that I have had since I was 16.
- Swearing is not cool. I rarely ever ever ever swear and but when I do I am embarrassed 3 seconds later.
- I will always probably want to redecorate my house every 6 months. I can’t help it.
- I try to always remember the quote “I remember the days when I prayed for the things I have now”. I am always trying to move ahead to the next step and plan for the future and that’s great sometimes but I have been trying to focus on enjoying where I am at in life and living in the moment!
- I have also learned that I will probably always be 3 minutes late to everything. Not that late, only usually about 3 minutes, but I just can not get anywhere 3 minutes earlier that I always do.
- I love to meet new people from around the world and hear their stories! I am normally not a people person but this is something that makes me so happy!! People are awesome guys!! So many people from around the world have the most amazing stories.
- Dairy Queen is always a good idea. A new one opened up close to where I live and we go at least once a week when we aren’t traveling. I need my weekly mini Reeses blizzard!!
- I love my mom more than anything in this whole world!! The older I get, the more I appreciate her!
- I also love my sister so much. I make fun of her all the time and tease her but I really could not live without her! I am excited for when we are both older and have more things in common.
- Being yourself is hard. Does anyone else feel like they just don’t know who they are sometimes?! My natural personality is very impatient, uptight, and pushy!! I want to be patient and kind and I have to work at those things! It’s not always easy (actually very hard most days) but I am really proud of the person I have become over the last few years.
That’s all for now! I know some of these things are not life lessons, just random facts but coming up with 22 things is hard haha! You can also watch the vlog below to see what I did on my birthday!
Happy Thursday guys!